Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Beach and Our Retro Toys

The first picture you see below is Dylan on a little bike. That was actually my bike when I was a kid (I even remember riding it). To think that 30 years later my little guy is riding it is pretty cool.

Last week was Spring Break in our home. Fortunately, I was able to go to the beach (Perdido Key) with my mom and the boys for Wed-Sat. We had a great time. Each year the beach trips change so much. They go from pre-baby wonderful vacations to a little more on the hectic side! But, the joy I get out of watching the boys on the beach, or at the pool, or sitting on the balcony are far worth the pains of chaos in-between.

Jacob is a serious beach boy. Loves it all. Plays on his own so great. Makes friends with any kids he can find. Tans easily and doesn't burn. Dylan needed some adapting time. A couple of times he stuck his head down in the sand. Face First. It pretty much made mom and I cringe! But he loved the beach and I look forward to taking him back. That little fair skinned boy will have to be watched a bit more in the sun!

The last picture is of Jacob and his cousins, Ben and Dillon. They are twins and 4 years old also. The three of them together, as you can see, was quite the entertainment! This was their "silly" pose.


Dylan on my toy bike.

Jacob and Dylan on the beach.

Gimpy the Blue Herron. He hangs out at the Shrimp Basket in Perdido Key and has for 3 years. He had an injury a while back and has just taken to the folks that eat on the deck. He was literally about 2 feet behind my back when mom realized he was there. I have a weird facination with big birds, so I thought it was pretty cool. Jacob was pretty convinced he was going to attack us!

Jacob at the pool.

Dylan rolling in the sand. He must have just loved the way it felt? As long as he was happy!

One morning we went to the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola. Mom had never been there before, but Jacob and I have been several times before with Dustin. It's the home base for the Blue Angels, which Jacob loves to death. He claims that's what he's going to do when he grows up. We're going to see them at the Tuscaloosa Air Show in 2 weeks. So this is our little soldier in front of the huge flag by the 4 Angels IN the museum.

Ok, so this picture is nothing but my own little happy place! One afternoon during the kids naps I got to go to the beach by myself. Just me, my book and my Mountain Dew. So this will be the picture I go back to when I need a break!
Our little goofballs! Ben, Jacob and Dillon on Sunday night at Heath and Dedra's house. They were striking their silly pose for us. Oh the energy they burned!

1 comment:

cyndi said...

looks like you had a great time, and the pics are fantastic! miss seeing you